Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's amazing what kind of an impact simple events can have on my emotions. Sometimes I let the simplest things control me. I let a basketball team take my time. I invest my time in them, I route for them as if the outcome actually matters to me. Someone makes a bad play, I get angry, throw stuff at the tv (well, not the tv, i wouldn't want to break it... more like, throw things at the wall, couch, etc.). When they make a good play I go crazy, get all excited. I get tense. I get headaches after the game is over because I am so tense. ...and I mean, come on, what do I get out of it? Nothing. Such a waste of time. There are so many other things I could be doing with my time. Yeah, I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan. We (see... there I go again)... THEY just lost the NBA Finals. I'm not really in a good mood right now.

On to other topics. I have wanted to start a blog for awhile but I always put it off for one reason or another. I think I just want to have the "perfect" blog, whatever that means. But I've decided to just do it. I'm sure some stuff I write about will be stupid, but you've gotta start somewhere.

I am basically going to write this as a journal, just random thoughts that come to mind and stay there, waiting for me to write about them. I like to write, I just haven't done much of it. Sometimes I'll have a specific topic I want to cover and I'll try to do a little research before launching into any writing.

So, this is the beginning. I don't know what I want this to become. I guess most people that write these things want an outlet to express their opinions, maybe help others along the path of life, get famous, get rich... I just wanna write. Whatever happens, happens. Enjoy reading about "nothing".

No comments: